One of my favorite cooking classes was with Nicole Aloni, should you ever get the pleasure of taking one of her classes, take it! She is amazing, you’ll learn so much!
Here is Nicole’s Top Ten Tips for your Party “Comfort Zone”.
- Only include one recipe that requires last minute preparations.
- Do what you do best and buy the rest.
- Get to know your neighborhood stores. (She doesn’t mean Nordstrom)
- Include “participation cooking” in your menu plan.
- Never serve a recipe to company you haven’t made at least twice before.
- If you are expecting 8 or more, serve the meal as a buffet.
- Buy great serving pieces. I can certainly help you with this!
- Develop “specialty recipes”. You don’t need to have a repertoire of 50 recipes to impress people who may only be over three times a years. Like my Barbeque Beef Brisket!
- Come up with a theme in your mind, even if it’s only a season, a color or a special ingredient. It will make the menu easier to plan and the party will feel more “put together”.
- If you are having more than 8 people— enlist a helper, paid or not!